Admission at Ausable Chasm and participation in activities including but not limited to hiking, camping, tubing, rafting, biking, swimming, disk golf, rock climbing, ice climbing, snowshoeing, skiing, rappelling, the via ferrata is an acknowledgement and agreement of risks associated with outdoor recreational activities. THESE INHERENT AND OTHER RISKS MAY CAUSE LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, ACCIDENTAL INJURY, ILLNESS, OR, IN EXTREME CASES, PERMANENT TRAUMA, DISABILITY, OR DEATH. Participants knowingly and voluntarily, accept, and assume responsibility for, each of these risks and dangers, and all other risks and dangers that could arise out of, or occur during participation including but not wholly limited to the following:
1. Risk of injury from admission, participation in activities and equipment utilized at Ausable Chasm is significant including the potential for permanent disability and death.
2. Possible failure, damage, malfunction or loss to personal property.
3. Participants own negligence and/or the negligence of others, including employees, other participants, independent contractors or representatives of Ausable Chasm, including but not limited to operator error.
4. Bodily injury and/or illness including but not limited to contusions, lacerations, inflammation and/or strains of muscles, ligaments, and/or tendons, nerve damage, compression, broken bones, severe physical impairment, communicable diseases, drowning or even death.
5. Cold weather and heat related injuries and illness including but not limited to frostnip, frost bite, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, sunburn, hypothermia and dehydration.
6. Injuries from falling may occur from exposure to heights, which may affect judgment and coordination; or from not paying close attention to climbing, hiking, traversing or other participants in the proximity.
7. Exposure to outdoor elements, including but not limited to falling rock, ice or timber, inclement weather, lightning, high winds, extreme weather conditions and other forces of nature.
8. Attack by or encounter with insects, reptiles, and/or animals.
Activities are not recommended for those who have or had recent surgery, heart problems, high blood pressure, neck trouble, back trouble, who are pregnant, or have any other condition that may inhibit safe participation.
It is the duty of the participant to acknowledge and agree that they understand the nature of the outdoor recreational activity; that each participant is qualified, in good health, free of pre-existing conditions including but not limited to heart conditions, seizures, recent injuries and/or surgery, open wounds, pregnancy, blindness, neck trouble, back trouble, and is not under the influence of alcohol or any other substance causing impairment, and is in proper physical and mental condition to participate therein; that there are certain inherent risks and dangers associated with the activity; and that, except as expressly set forth herein, they, knowingly and voluntarily, accept, and assume responsibility for, each of these risks and dangers, and all other risks and dangers that could arise out of, or occur during participation.